Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweet, Salty & Spicy Christmas Pretzels!

Okay so I have been flipping through all of my foodie magazines and keep seeing variations of some sort of trail/chex mix in every magazine I read! And I don't know about you, but my favorite part of the usual mix are the pretzels. And those of you that know me well, know I'm a sweet & salt gal 100%! So I found this recipe of Sweet & Spicy Nut Pretzel Mix in Cooking Light and decided to pull out the pretzels and make a few twists and turns to it and make it my own! My first batch burned (trial and error, ladies and gents!). So here we go! 

Ingredients:
10 Cups regular size salted pretzels (I used the holiday shaped ones--so cute!)
1 tablespoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons cayenne
1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
8 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons salted butter
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup



Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Measure out pretzels and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine garlic salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and brown sugar and then set aside. In small sauce pan combine butter and maple syrup and cook until melted and warm (DO NOT BRING TO A BOIL). Then set aside saucepan and allow it to cool for 3 minutes. Put on plastic gloves and then take saucepan with butter and syrup mixture, pour over pretzels in large bowl mixing with gloved hands (so you don't burn yourself). Mix until all pretzels are coated (when they all look extra shiny). Then let pretzels rest for 2 minutes. After they rest, take the garlic salt, cayenne, cinnamon, and brown sugar mixture (keep gloves on) and sprinkle/pour mixture over pretzels while mixing rapidly. Make sure all pretzels are covered in mixture. Then take a rimmed baking pan and poor pretzels evenly across it and again, make sure all pretzels are coated! Put in oven for 10 minutes, mixing at the 5 minute mark! When finished, take out of the oven and spread over a towel on the counter, evenly. Let cool for 20 minutes. And then ENJOY! This recipe also makes your house smell delicious--I could eat the air!

Please be a google+ follower for my blog, I will love you forever! Also, leave comments--I'd love to talk to you! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment