Thursday, January 3, 2013

Drybar...& Lox

Let me start by saying today was a very successful day. I often feel insecure and self-concious about the way I look because I am overweight. Well today, for the first time in a long time--I truly felt beautiful. It is seriously the most wonderful feeling in the world and I hope all of you readers out there that stopped by feel this way more often than I do. Those of you that know me really well know that I have crazy, frizzy, curly hair that most of the time can't be tamed no matter what I do or how many insanely expensive products I use--just never works out the way I want it to (lioness mane problems--but seriously!). But anyway, my beloved NYC started opening these blow dry bars; strictly blowouts, no cuts, and no color. I have heard about them in magazines and have walked by one on E 76th Street in the Upper East Side, Manhattan (I MISS GOSSIP GIRL!). But anyway we went to NorthPark mall here in Dallas and my eyes immediately caught the signature yellow blow dryer hanging on the front window of drybar. I decided right then and there that I had to experience this phenomenon for myself. And let me tell you, it was just all kinds of fabulous! I walked in to the sweetest girls welcoming me with my choice of champagne, mimosa, coffee, or hot tea (I chose hot green tea if you were wondering). My stylist then took me back to this super chic wash room to wash and condition my hair. And then after she pinned it up and we went back to the chair, she then gave me a menu. I chose the Straight Up blowout which is their signature; straight with a little bit of body. Next thing I know, she's magically almost completely finished. And guess what? SHE ONLY USED A BLOW DRYER. If you know my hair, you understand my amazement. But anyway, drybar made me feel beautiful for a reasonable price and within 30 minutes (not my usual straightening routine that takes AT LEAST an hour). Here are several pictures I compiled from my wonderful experience:
Fashion Moment--
Top/poncho w/ Faux Fur Scarf: Michael Kors
Lipstick: Kate Spade
Earrings: Kate Spade
Pants (although you can't see them): G by Giuliana Rancic


About my food today, breakfast was great--I had my usual hotel breakfast food that I couldn't pass up on, which was Lox on a bagel with all of the fixings:

Tomorrow, expect eggs bennie ;)

As for lunch we had Mexican food, which is not my forte and for dinner, 'twas a complete fail on the restaurants part. I ordered braised beef short ribs with goat cheese polenta, mushrooms, fried shallots with a balsamic reduction. The mushrooms were fabulous but the other stuff was not quite what I had expected. Which ultimately made me sad. I'm a foodie, so I expect fabulous food of course!
Until tomorrow, stay fabulous and beautiful!
love.


No comments:

Post a Comment