Monday, January 14, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Salad

Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Monday whether it was back to school for spring semester classes or just back to work from the weekend. Today for me was back to school for spring semester classes and let me tell you, there are some rude people in this world. Had to deal with a very rude food science advisor that was just not a happy bear but a grumpy old man bear obsessed with Mickey Mouse. But anyway, enough about my Monday blues. Have you been good on following up with your new years resolutions?? I have and I am very proud of myself. I have been eating healthy and balanced--NOT DIETING. Just lower fat content, smaller portions, and exercise! So if you know me really well, you know that I love salads. All kinds of salads--pasta, chicken, crab, veggie, etc! Love it all! So I wanted a low fat version of chicken salad tonight with a handful of reduced fat wheat thins and I think I created a monster. It is deliciously light, sweet, spicy & salty just the way I like it! So here we go:


Ingredients:

  • 2 boiled small boneless skinless chicken breasts (shredded or chopped into small pieces)
  • 1 tbsp of light mayo
  • 1 tbsp of Lone Prairie Farms Strawberry Jalapeno Jam (if you are in TX, this can only be found in your local HEB or you can call them @ (817) 866-2113) trust me on this, it is WORTH THE CALL!
  • 1 tsp instantly fresh chives
  • 1 tsp instantly fresh dill
  • S&P to taste
Mix it all together and you're done! You've got a sweet, spicy, and salty chicken salad! 


Until next time,

Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment