Thursday, January 17, 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash

Well hello there. Sorry I have been kind of MIA a few days this week, school has started back up and it has been non-stop since Monday morning bright and early. But now, my weekend has begun because I have no classes on Friday (wahoo!). But anyway, how are you doing with your healthy eating? I'd love to know your tips and such in the comment section below! I have been doing pretty good. I have created this turkey/veggie wrap that I have eaten for lunch the past 3 days and let me tell you, it is HUGE and delicious and comes out to be 215 calories! Here's a colorful picture of my lunch, under the photo I will tell you the fabulous ingredients:
Turkey: 2 slices of low-sodium turkey from the deli counter
1/4 Avocado
5 golden snack tomatoes cut in halves
4 pieces of yellow and orange sweet bellpepper
My side:
sauteed asparagus and mushrooms sprinkled with pecorino



Now for dinner I am having a grilled turkey patty with roasted butternut squash and here's how I'm roasting it! It's super easy and delicious:

  • 1 butternut squash (peeled & cut into 1 inch cubes)
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Molly McButter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place squash and ingredients on top and then toss with hands to make sure everything is coated nicely. Then pop it in the oven for 15 minutes and then move around with spatula and then put back in for another 15 minutes or until soft. And then you have roasted butternut squash--a healthy way to eat your carbohydrates! :)


Until next time, stay healthy happy & sassy.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment